RUHS - COVID-19 updates
RUHS - COVID-19 updates
RU Middle and HS families:
Below you will find the most recent updates from Principals Elijah Hawkes and Caty Sutton, Senior Project Coodinator Lisa Floyd, and the Student Services office on our response to the current COVID-19 pandemic:
5/26 - Graduation Plans - After the AOE and Governor released their guidance for the end of year ceremonies, we spent a few week in deliberation with the senior class, our neighbors at RTCC, and members of the wider community, and we’ve decided that RU will have our culminating graduation ceremonies in the form of a gathering - which is something of great importance to our seniors. There will be a virtual component as well, for members of families and the wider community who cannot attend.
Here are the details:
- Seniors will receive their caps, gowns, tassels, and NHS sashes, etc, the week of June 9th. Also included will be a special RU facemask for seniors to wear at the event.
- The gathering will be supported by social distancing protocols.
- The ceremony will take place at the VTC parking lot, with a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside.
- There will be no tent but there will be a stage across which each student will march and receive their diploma.
- Students and guests will remain in cars. There will be two vehicles allowed per graduate/family.
- Video will be taken of the event so that a short movie can be made of the ceremony in the days afterwards. This short memento movie will also include videos of guest speakers who may not be able to attend the event.
- We also anticipate that the event can be live-streamed via the wireless connectivity at VTC. More info to come on this.
- A special expanded graduation program will include lists of all awards and scholarships that our graduates are receiving. The list of honors received by a student will also be mentioned upon receipt of the diploma. These recognitions will stand in place of the annual “Awards Night.”
- A photographer will be hired to take pictures of each student on the stage so that families will not leave cars to come forward to take pictures.
- Pictures will be sent to each senior and others can be ordered for family and friends.
- RU will have its ceremony on the evening of June 19th. RTCC will have theirs on the 18th, as scheduled. Rain dates will be announced.
On behalf of our planning committee, thank you for your support for the class of 2020. More information will be provided in the weeks to come.
4/21 - Senior Project Update: Please read the following update and instructions regarding Senior Project: Senior Project Instructions
4/16 - Assessment, Grading, and Q4 Course Completion: Assessment Update 4/16
4/6 - Extended and Distance Learning Resources: Distance Learning Update 4/6
4/1 - Distance Learning Update: Distance Learning Update 4:1:20
Click here for Teacher Office Hours and Student Schedules: Teacher Office Hours & Daily Student Schedule
Click here for the most recent Student Services Update, including information on course selection for next year: Student Services Update 4:1
Seventh & Eighth Grade Families: Our teachers and teams are developing new resources to support students n Remote Learning. Here are two resources for the middle school Math, Science, Social Studies and English classes:
Read the Press Release from Gov. Phil Scott here: VT Schools Will Close for Balance of the Year
3/24 - Office hours update: As part of the district’s efforts to have as many people as possible working remotely, we are going to reduce the hours of operation of the RU Main Office to the hours of 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM each day. Drop-off, Pick Up: As we did last week, we ask that students and families call ahead or email if they need to pick up or drop off something, such as school supplies, or chromebook. We will arrange to get what you need.
Donna and Lisa will answer the phone between 11 – 1, and will be checking phone messages daily. Response time will vary depending on when the message is left and received.
3/18 - Note from Principal Hawkes: RU - Extended & Distance Learning Expectations
3/18 - Note from Kara Merrill and Bev Taft: Note from RU Student Services
RU Middle and HS Chromebook Distribution: At the middle school and high school level, we are now ready for you to come pick up your student’s assigned chromebook and charger, if you need it.
To allow maximum flexibility for you, and ensure we do not have any crowding, we ask that you call to let us know when you would like to come by. We will make sure that the computer is ready at the appointment time. This can happen between the hours of 11 AM and 1 PM.
Pick-up appointments can be made for other items as well. Just call ahead to let us know so we can make arrangements. Call 802-728-3397 and ask for Lisa Jacobs or Donna Collette.
This process will allow us to practice social distancing and to follow other procedures for keeping these exchanges sanitary.
Food Distribution Update: New Update as of 3/20
The food distribution team is here to serve all OSSD students. Students will simply need to provide their name at the time of pick up.
You may pick up food at any of our locations between the hours of 11 am and 1 pm. (Braintree hours are 11 - noon). Please go to the one nearest your home. Food may be picked up at Braintree Elementary School, Brookfield Elementary School and Randolph Union High School. The food is for any of the district’s students.
Food distribution will end at the traditional end of school on June 17th.