Directors Acknowledgments - Mid-February, 2018
Dear Parents/Guardians of RTCC Students:
Quarter 3 Interim Grade reports will be coming home soon. We hope that you will be pleased with the effort it reflects on the part of your son or daughter. Most of you will find that your student has accomplished a great deal at RTCC and their grades document this level of accomplishment. Some of the grade reports might highlight the need for some additional attention in order to result in your son or daughter being successful in their program or individual courses.
The next grade update will be Quarter 3 Report Cards which will be mailed home during the week of April 3. Remember, we are here to support your child in working to their potential. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.
On March 14, 2018 we will hold parent, teacher, and student conferences. There will be no classes that day, but time to sit down with your student’s program teacher to review the year.
On April 13 between 10:00- 11:00 AM, we will celebrate students who have earned Honor Roll, High Honors and/or who have been named Student of the Quarter. This will be our third such ceremony and we would like to thank all of the students who have worked very hard to earn this honor.
Our Annual Open House will be held on Thursday May 10, 2018 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM. Please take some time that evening to visit your student’s program and our school in general. Student projects and work will be on display and you’ll be able to see just how much has been learned and accomplished this year. As always, our Culinary Arts program will be providing an amazing assortment of refreshments.
By now seniors have committed to a Technical project and should be well along the way in collecting their 30 hours with their mentor. Students should be documenting their progress, hours, collecting data, and research to ensure everything will be completed by the deadline in April. Please check in with your student to make sure they are following along with the time line they have created. This is a RTCC senior requirement. Students will have an opportunity to present to their peers on Thursday May 3 for feedback (adjusted date).
Opportunity Fest 2018:
On May 18th, RTCC has invited over twenty community and regional partners to present opportunities to students for extended learning and potential summer jobs. Students will have the chance to meet, interview, and apply for jobs and or placements that can help them move along in their career field. Organizations that attended last year included; Vermont Youth Conservation Corp, Farm & Wilderness, Vital Communities, Plumber & Pipe Fitters Union, VT Agency of Transportation, VT Department of Labor, CCV, Natural Resources Academy, GW Plastics, and many more. Our goal would be that students have their resumes on hand and be ready to interact with adults to apply for jobs or summer learning moments
When we return from February break, the remainder of the school year tends to go very fast here at RTCC, and there are some other events that will be happening, including:
- March & April- NECAP Science Exams for RUHS juniors, sending school students will take the exams at their home school
- March 14th, 2018 Parent, Student, Teacher Conference- no school
- March 16th RTCC Second Year Application is due to RTCC Guidance office
- March 30th Quarter 3 ends
- April 2-6th - SKILLS USA Competition
- April 10th Early Release Day- dismissal at 11:30 am
- April 12th – Program Advisory Night
- May 3rd- Tech Project Peer Presentation Day
- May 10th- RTCC Open House
- May 18th RTCC Career Fair
- May 24th- National Technical Honor Society Presentation
- June 11th (weather permitting) RTCC End of the year picnic at Silver Lake
- June 14th RTCC Recognition Night
Our annual Recognition Night will be held on Thursday, June 14th, 2018. This event is always a wonderful celebration of student achievement. Please mark it on your calendar. More information will be forthcoming.
I have personally had the opportunity to talk or meet with a great many parents over the course of this year. I thank each and every one of you for your support of your child and our programs. I have noted that, without exception, the parents of RTCC students are concerned with their child’s program and are actively supportive of their education. Thank you very much for helping your child choose a technical education program and for sharing them with us.
Speaking for the entire RTCC faculty and staff, we look forward to a successful fourth quarter, seeing you in May at our Open House, and again in June at Recognition Night.
Keys to Success at Randolph Technical Career Center:
- Attendance- It is vital students attend RTCC every day. We understand when a student is sick or may be late because of an appointment, but otherwise students need to be here with us all day. If a student is absent for 5 days, we are required to send a letter home, and may ask for a follow up meeting. If you have questions about attendance please refer to the Academic Chart/Student Handbook on our website or call the office at 802-728-9595.
- Lunch Time- We are not an open campus and students are required to be in the cafeteria during lunch, regardless of age and adult status. Students can purchase lunch here or bring lunch but are not allowed to leave to purchase a meal. On our website, under the quick links is a tab to the RUHS Cafeteria Lunch Menus. Also on the RTCC Website towards the bottom left, is a link to the School Nutrition Program. You can purchase meals through the “My School Bucks” on line, just like your home schools.
- All seniors will be required to complete a Technical Project and we need your support in helping students meet their deadlines.
- All juniors will be required to complete a Career Portfolio and will receive a packet in detailing the requirements in September. Both Junior & Senior projects are a tool students can use after graduation to continue their career and or college placement.
Communication- Visit our Website
Our website includes information on every program, a calendar of events, Friday night dinner menus, and contact information for all staff, and our school handbook. We also list weekly announcements as well as acknowledge our students and staff weekly. You can also follow us on facebook to keep up with what happens here on a daily basis.
Jason Gingold, Director